The post hospitalization patient requires regular observation and care in the critical days and weeks following a hospital discharge. While a family member may have the best intentions when deciding to serve as a caregiver for a recently hospitalized loved one, the burden is often too great for the untrained caregiver. Family caregivers often experience clinically significant symptoms of depression as a result of the added responsibility and stress associated with care giving. EndlessLife Services, trained, compassionate caregivers available to provide post-hospitalization care. Their care managers can provide expert planning and coordination as your loved one exits the hospital and begins recovery at home. Their caregivers are experienced in the recovery and rehabilitation process and can serve as a constant source of support for the recently discharged individual. EndlessLife has a Transition Home Package, designed to provide care and support tailored to the unique needs of post-hospitalization patients.
Transition Home Package
Home Care Assistance’s Transition Home Package helps families manage the discharge process, provides a seamless transition home and promotes effective rehabilitation at home. The package includes:
- An Assessment and personalized Care Plan developed over the telephone or in person, based on your preference.
- An expertly trained caregiver who will meet you and your family in the hospital, in the facility or at home to support the critical initial transition.
- Support with home safety needs, including recommendations about equipment and home safety modifications to support your recovery.
- Ongoing support with errands, grocery shopping, prescription pick-up, housekeeping and other physical activities that may be too challenging for a recently discharged patient.
- Physical assistance with activities of daily living including mobility, bathing and grooming, eating and transferring tailored to the patient’s needs.
- Medication reminders, rehabilitation exercise prompts, physical and emotional support and companionship throughout the recovery process.
- Transportation to rehabilitation sessions, doctor appointments and personal events.
- Regular status updates from the care team, at your discretion, to designated family and friends.